Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ten Things Thursday: Summer Reading List!

In no particular order, it is my plan to vanquish each and every one of these books by the end of summer! Which may prove a feat because there are secretly 21 books in here, and there's only so much time in the day before my eyelids just won't stay open any more! Not that I really sleep much, but that's not the point! Onwards with the books!

One. 
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanne Clarke


Two. 
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimen


Three. 
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton


Four. 
Tamsin by Peter S. Beagle 

(I can't pretend that I haven't already read this book well over 100 times. I love it so!)

Five. 
The Edge Chronicles (all of them!) by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell

Again, with me and the kids books- I'm considering this research because it has some FANTASTIC illustrations, and I plan on having equally as stellar illustrations in my book. Justified.

Six. 
Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith


I've read this book already too. But it's just so gooooood. It's also two books in disguise!

Seven. 
East by Edith Pattou

I have a thing for Polar Bears who are secretly Princes! It's been sitting on my to-read pile for too long now.  The time is right!

Eight. 
Game of Thrones Series by George R.R. Martin


This whole series was so totally recently acquired at the bookstore.

Nine.
 The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers



Ten.
The Silver Skull by Mark Chadbourne




 Hopefully my brain won't overload with all the fantastical knowledge I plan on filling it with in the coming months!


Love and Strawberry Kisses xo






3 comments:

  1. The only book I knew of these is the one from Walter Moers, but that's just because it's actually from germany. I already read it and it's really great! Plus lovely illustrations! :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my sister book, but I really picked it out of her library for the illustrations! They're so wonderful!

      Delete
    2. It's just so seducing when a book has a great cover and some lovely illustrations in it <3

      Delete