Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How-Tuesday: Curious Little Dream Catcher

I had, and have the hardest time sleeping. When I was younger I had terrible nightmares and couldn't sleep with the light off at all! So, as a result, I've aquired several dream catchers, and a few sleeping charms (that my dad brings me home when he goes off on his travles). So! I thought I'd share how to make one all for yourself!

Step one.
Gather your ingrediants! You'll need:
A hoop of some sorts
Twine
Something to hang from your dream catcher! Be it feathers, or in this case, broken glass. In the end I used different glass from what was originally pictured, but I'm fairly certain the idea comes across the same!


  Step two. 
Begin wrapping your twine around the hoop, not too tight though! Otherwise you won't be able to keep looping the thread through!


Wrap the twine all away around your hoop.


Then begin looping the twine through what you had just previously wrapped around the hoop.


Once you've done that, you're going to do it again!


And again!


Until you've decided you're good and done, or you just can't seem to get the thread through those bitty holes anymore, either one.


Make a super tiny knot binding it together. There's a knot right above my middle finger in this photo, which isn't very visible at all, just the way you want it!


Step three.
Attatch the items you selected earlier to hang from the bottom of your dream catcher.


And there you have it! Your very own dream catcher! All fit and ready to be hung over your bed to catch all those bad dreams for you!




Many Sweet Dreams! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment