Saturday, June 23, 2012

So, I did that.

I took a thrifted vintage suitcase, reupholstered it for a DIY on this blog AND THEN PROCEEDED TO MAKE A MATCHING DRESS. From the left over fabric. Because I'm going to Georgia!! In two and a half weeks!

Not going to lie, this dress was a total trouble maker. I was short on fabric (because I reupholstered a suitcase first!) so the skirt's wicked short, and I totally cut one of the sides wrong I'm guessing because one sleeve and one side of the back was all messed up. But in the end, it was full of lessons that I needed to learn (one being I should probably look up just how to make an armhole and a sleeve!) So it was a good thing all around. 

In blog related news, posts may be spotty for the next week or two, but I'm trying to get back to posting five days a week again! Someday soon, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment