Monday, June 18, 2012

Makin' It Monday: Wooden Brooches!

It is here I make my return! I've been having a blast making these little wooden brooches from the tree-branch my dad sawed up for me, so I thought I'd share my secrets of making them!

First! 
You'll need a glue gun and a pin back, along with whatever you are going to turn into a brooch.

     

Then you'll want to heat up the glue gun and attach the pin back to which ever side you desire. I choose the side that would have distorted the image more.

           

So simple! You could be done! If you had something that you weren't going to draw on, naturally!



I did a very basic sketch of what I wanted on the wood with a regular 2b pencil


         

And then finished it up by inking it with Microns and adding extra shading!

         

And of course, instagram.



            



There you have it! All my dark secrets of how I make my brooches! 


xo


No comments:

Post a Comment