Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How-Tuesday: Hold Yer Hoops!

Does anyone remember that, from like high school? Gettin' all sassy and shouting "GIRL, HOLD MY HOOPS." My friend Alexander was the best at it, laughter constantly ensued. But anyways, I made this earing holder out of an embroidery hoop and some lace! And well, Hot Glue. 


Cut your lace so it fits within the hoop, with some over the edges so you know there's enough to be secured!


Hot glue the lace to the outer edge of the hoop, making sure the lace doesn't pull weird- otherwise it'll look all wonky when you're done.


Slide the outer hoop on over your lacy endeavor and there you have it! 
One beautiful earing holder!


To try it out, I added some of my earings! 
(Which are for sale here!)


And so ends my two day lace frenzied posts. I did make some earrings with lace out of some more of Robin's teeth! I'll have to take pictures of them next time I see her, which will be this Friday! I am so exited! I also get to go on adventures in two weeks! (and one day!) 

In other news, regarding two weeks, I've handed in my notice for my 9-5 job. It's so liberating, but a little stressing as well in the mean time. I really did love where I worked, but at the end of the day I really could not stand my job. Conflicting feelings are a terrible thing. When it came down to it, I need less of a life-consuming and stressful job- it's really my goal to get my shop going full swing by fall and there's no way I could balance working there and at home without something having to give. So, here's to new adventures and grand plans! 

This quote/tattoo has been in the back of my mind for a hot minute now, and would always become increasingly prevalent when the idea of quitting crossed my mind. And it's done by a shop in Atlanta! Oh how things work out! 




Love and Adventurous Kisses xo

No comments:

Post a Comment