Friday, March 23, 2012



So. There's this thing that I do. Aside from occasionally abusing alliterations, I set the background of my phone or computer or ipod to a motivational quote, or image. A silent reminder of sorts of something that I want, or need to remember. I have a picture of a lovely little cabin in the woods as the background on almost everything telling me "Soon, soon this will be yours." Because right now, I want nothing more than my cabin and the smell of the wild air every morning. In any case, at the beginning of the year "I just wanna make art, read books and find someone who likes me enough to kiss my face" was my mantra. I posted it EVERYWHERE. Because honestly, what more could I want? I do suppose a few things, but it got to the core of what I wanted.

And I have it. All of it.

Did I ever think this was going to happen? No, not really. Especially not within such a short time. But it did. I've spent the past two days pumping out new Jewelry (that I'll hopefully have posted to etsy by the end of the week,) drawing out scenes from the book I'm working on, on top of getting the first chapter written out and working on two oil paintings. Which only seems like a lot when I write it down. 

It's always been my dream to be a self sufficient artist, and watching everything unfold is almost magical. I make enough to buy books, and I have have the time to read them as well. When I'm not reading, I'm painting or knitting- or doing some form of creating. And totally got that rather swell guy who not only likes me enough to kiss my face, but he'll hang around even when I'm a sick (and so very gross) mess. 

Keeping a mantra, or an image of what I want is so helpful in keeping me on track to my dreams. Mostly because I'm easily side-tracked and alas, forgetful. But in closure, here's a lovely post from the wonderful Gala Darling on setting amazing goals! I know I have a list tacked above my desk with my goals for the year- one of those things just so happened to be starting this blog. So here's to dreams come true!

Love and Strawberry Kisses xo

No comments:

Post a Comment